Business Development Intern
- Spherical Systems
- Bachelor & Master
- Required language
- Dutch, English
- Commences at
- 10 November 2023
- Finishes at
- 19 June 2024
Business Development Intern
Do you want to build the world’s best satellites by leveraging microchip design,
closing the divide between microchip and satellite design?
Are you a passionate and business-minded student with an insatiable curiosity about the
wonders of space? Do you dream of contributing to the growth of a cutting-edge company
that is shaping the future of the space industry? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for
You will report directly to the CCO, and will be working closely with the technical team to
generate new sales materials and presentations. Your contribution will help develop, expand
and maintain our customer base within the space industry. You will also support the
organisation in applications for grants. You will learn from industry experts and receive
mentorship from seasoned professionals. This internship is designed to equip you with the
skills and knowledge to thrive in any fast-paced, hi-tech work environment.
What We’re Offering
- A unique opportunity to change the way satellite systems are designed and built. We are bringing Apple’s system driven IC design approach to the space industry.
- Join a growing startup with funding secured from private venture capital and public bodies like the European Space Agency.
- Work with highly ambitious, skilled and experienced co-founders with strong technical track-records across satellite and semiconductor technology development combined with skilled commercial and fundraising capabilities.
- An empowered work environment where you are encouraged to take a leading role in the team’s work reshaping industry paradigms.
- Collaborate closely with our technical team to create compelling sales materials and captivating presentations. Your input will be crucial in showcasing the groundbreaking solutions we offer to our clients
- Take an active role in supporting the business team with new customer acquisition.
- Your contributions will play a key role in securing first customers for the products on our roadmap
- Supporting the preparation of technical proposals and related customer documentation
- Currently pursuing studies in a relevant field (e.g., business, engineering, space sciences)
- A business-oriented mindset with a strong interest in the space industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent skills in spreadsheets and document editing
- Familiarity with CRM tools
- A background in engineering
- Some commercial experience - sponsorship acquisition, sales, or other
If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to
hear from you. Your ability to creatively solve complex challenges and practical experience
tops specific qualifications or tools.
- Full time
- Based in the Randstad area, Netherlands
- Hybrid working environment, min. 1 day/week onsite to build strong team dynamic, focused work from home possible other days
- Reporting to Bastiaan Bom, CCO
SPHERICAL creates custom semiconductors and uses them to build electronic subsystems
for satellites. By designing semiconductors faster and more efficiently, we can make better
systems that are more reliable, easier to control with software, and perform better than
competitors. Our first product is a satellite power system, with future products related to
computing and radio technology.
How To Apply:
Please send a CV to:
We will respond within one week to inform you of the next steps.