Junior analyst in Ship Finance
- NIBC Bank
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Did you just finish your Master’s degree and are you looking for your next step? Meet NIBC: a small bank with a big heart and great opportunities for (up-and-coming) talent in corporate banking. Discover the diversity of our Ship Finance field as a junior analyst, find out how you can contribute to the funding of remarkable transactions and see how much you can learn from your experienced and helpful colleagues.
As an analyst, you will assist us in capitalising on new business opportunities and in the daily management of existing transactions. As a junior, you will start with supportive activities, but you will soon receive more responsibilities. Moreover, your teammates will include you in everything they do, which means you will get a good idea of the job very quickly.
- You will have a supportive role in portfolio management. As part of this, you will review the performance of transactions, handle catch-up calls, and act as a point of contact for customers.
- When there's a new deal on the horizon, you will become part of the ‘deal team’, which means you will be involved in the entire process, from the very beginning up to the point the deal is closed. You will analyse company information, including financial market data and models. On top of that, you will help draft the transaction proposal and assist in the closing process.
- You will coordinate the cooperation with other departments, such as Legal, Compliance, Risk and Operations.
You will work in the Shipping team. This team consists of 15 colleagues that work together closely and regularly have activities outside work. Our customers are primarily based in the maritime hubs of North-West Europe, as well as in Athens, New York and Singapore.
While shipping is a relatively clean means of transportation, the volume of cargo being moved globally has an impact. The energy transition and emission reduction are major global priorities, and with a focus on sustainability, we share our knowledge and expertise in seeking solutions to these challenges. NIBC is a frontrunner, for example, via the Green Deal within the Dutch maritime industry, and we take our role in the supply chain seriously.
Every year, we offer a select group of talented colleagues from the entire bank a spot in our Talent Program. You could be part of this program, too! In this program, you and your fellow trainees (a diverse and international group) will focus on personal and professional development. Working and learning-on-the-job is alternated with targeted training and development activities both developed in cooperation with top ranked business partners. Learning on the job is key in this process, you will be challenged with many hands-on exercises and cases to develop your personal and professional skills.
Irina currently participates in the Talent Program as a junior analyst
“Working at NIBC means that I am able to make an impact from day one. I am challenged and given various responsibilities very early in my career, meaning that the learning curve is steep but also that the work is exciting. I feel supported by my colleagues who share their knowledge with me daily and who recognize my achievements. The Talent Program represents yet another opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture of NIBC, to build your entrepreneurial skills through the Sustainability Challenge and to have a lot of fun with your fellow analysts.“
NIBC as employer
Founded in 1945 to finance the visionary entrepreneurs who helped rebuilding the Netherlands after the second World War, NIBC was closely collaborating while professionally supporting companies and individuals in realizing their dreams and goals with a sustainable future in mind. As a midsize bank with a multicultural working environment that is best described as dynamic and ambitious, we share a forward-thinking, can-do attitude with our employees and clients which we call our THINK YES mentality. Our corporate values are Professional, Adaptive, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial (“PACE”). You will have a direct and meaningful impact on both the bank and its clients. By building our company on optimism and mutual trust, and with our THINK YES mentality, NIBC is an enterprising bank that enables ambitions.
Think YES if you…
- Have a relevant Master’s degree in economics, business administration, law, data management or technology, for example.
- Enjoy analysing complex numerical problems.
- Like taking initiative, are not afraid to ask questions and want to develop yourself.
- Have a commercial mindset, like to work together, have a go-getter attitude and are involved with your team.
- Have a maximum of two years of relevant working experience.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills (fluent in English and Dutch).
No relevant working experience required!
Fresh ideas and new perspectives are more than welcome at our bank. Do you not have any (relevant) professional experience in the world of banking and finance, but does this field interest you nonetheless? In that case, we're very curious about you and what you can bring to the table with your background. As for the ins and outs of working at a bank? You will learn those on the job.
What’s in it for you?
NIBC provides an ambitious environment in which together we strive to create a fantastic workplace and where you feel safe and challenged to be the best version of yourself. This is in line with Professional, Adaptive, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial, since you are in the lead of setting the PACE of your career at NIBC. In addition, you receive a competitive salary, plus:
- Several ways to support your development personally and professionally, a.o.:
- Personal development budget, to spend at your own discretion
- Professional budget provided by your manager, to develop yourself in your work
- GoodHabitz: free online courses you can choose to take for your own benefit
- NIBC embraces the Hybrid way of Working. This means that we support working from home as well as encourage our colleagues to come to the office. NIBC's guideline is to spend at least half of the working time at the office;
- Travel expenses or NS Business Card 1st class;
- 32 vacation days;
- Excellent pension scheme (27% NIBC contribution);
- A voucher to improve your home office;
- The opportunity to take ownership and show initiative in your role. We are always open to new ideas, and encourage to use your voice;
- The nature of our Grow to Make a Difference program enables you to be in charge of your own development;
- Two staff associations: YoungNIBC and MyLeisure;
- Vitality program, annual company-wide sports & leisure days;
- Monthly internet allowance;
- Laptop and a company phone;
- Excellent facilities at the office (Coffeecorner, Restaurant, Exchange bar);
- Last but not least, a fun workplace in which diversity and inclusion is valued (click here).
Will you be our new Talent?
Upload your cover letter and CV via the application button. You can upload multiple documents by clicking the upload button again.
We don't just want to get to know you, we also want you to get to know us. That's why there will be multiple interviews. We invite you to be curious and ask any questions you may have. An assessment is also part of the procedure.
Want to know more? Contact us
About the vacancy: Anneke van der Spek (Head of Portfolio Management Shipping, Anneke.van.der.Spek@nibc.com)
About the procedure: Manouk Nanne (Talent Manager, Manouk.Nanne@nibc.com)