Thesis internship Technology Consulting
- Graduation Assignment
- Required language
Are you almost done with your University Master studies in a technology-related field? Do you want to combine writing your thesis with experiencing what it is like to be part of a global consulting firm? Then we have the perfect internship program for you.
Twice a year (around February and September) we start our internship program within our Technology team. During this program, you will have the unique opportunity to combine writing your thesis and supporting in actual client engagements.
During the internship, you will be mentored by a supervisor / buddy from our Technology team. Moreover, you will have access to knowledge and data sources that are usually not available at universities. You will also be able to leverage the extensive PwC network with experts all over the world. Also, a successful internship is a good first step to get to know each other and unlock further career opportunities at PwC.
Who are you?
We're looking for interns who are proactive, analytical and eager to learn. Furthermore, you should be curious by nature, are interested in developments in the Technology field and have a critical attitude.
You follow a University Master in a field such as Business Information Management/ Business Informatics, Innovation Management, Data Science, Strategic/Technology Management, or another study related to our business practices within the technology team.
- You have affinity with technology and are interested in its latest developments.
- You have good academic results and/or relevant extracurricular activities on your resume.
- You are an ambitious team player, with strong communication skills.
- You like to analyze new issues and find solutions in a practical and creative way.
- You are available for at least three months, for about four days a week. We provide you with the opportunity to write your thesis and at the same time obtain experience in our practice;
What does your internship look like?
Your internship consists of the following two components:
1. Independent thesis research
We offer you the opportunity to conduct independent research as part of our Technology team. We ask you to write a one-page research proposal, similar to the research proposal you would write for your University, containing;
- Your topic: what is it that you are going to investigate?
- Academic relevance: what value does this research bring to academic development in the Technology area?
- Business relevance: what value does this research bring to PwC and/or its clients?
- Way of working: what would be your approach to come to a solid thesis?
- In your research proposal, please convince us that your topic contributes to the development of our Technology team as well as covers the required academic prerequisites. Possible technology thesis topics could be surrounding the topics of our Go-To-Market themes:
Front Office Transformation
- Store of the Future: Emerging technologies in the retail sector
- AI predictive analysis: how to create personalized customer experiences?
- Digital utility transformation: the future of the energy industry
- Data-driven pricing strategies and insights
- The opportunities of e.g. Internet of Things, 5G, blockchain or cloud to transform customer experiences
Future of Finance
- Finance as a Service: what are the (in)possibilities?
- Business applications of RPA, AI or Smart Automation in Finance
- IT transformation: Off-shoring, nearshoring or smart automation?
- Digital enablement: Multi-channel user adoption strategies
- The impact of platform economies on e.g. business models or customer interactions
- Data as an asset: Including data as an integrated part of strategy
- Leveraging technology to improve ESG factors (e.g. using urban data or IoT)
- The potential of process mining in Operations Transformation
- New ways of working for IT & Business (Scaled Agile, Holacracy, Flat, etc.)
Please feel free to introduce another technology-related thesis topic, these are just indications to get your creative juices flowing!
2. Contributing to client engagement and internal projects
Next to writing your thesis, you will engage in projects within our Technology team. You will work with colleagues in multidisciplinary teams across different departments, such as Finance, Operations, Data Analytics, Customer, or Risk. Together with the team you will solve complex and challenging projects at the client.
We help our clients to realize their objectives and tasks from Strategy through Execution. With technology integrated in society to such a large degree, IT has an increasingly strategic role within companies. Technology must help to achieve business goals and connect fluidly to customers, employees and processes. We strive to implement Technology in such a way that it becomes a strategic asset of our clients. During your internship you will be part of these interesting client projects as much as possible. Depending on availability and your own personal interest, we will try to match you with the client that fits best.
What do we offer you?
If you partake in our internship program, you will be part of an inspiring environment, experiencing working as a technology consultant and there will be extensive attention to your personal and professional growth.
- You are part of a dynamic team of dedicated consultants;
- You will be assigned a personal supervisor / buddy for the entire intern period;
- You are assured of various activities, inspiring colleagues and good compensation;
- You will be provided with a laptop and have access to all PwC’s information
- You will be provided with the opportunity to meet your potential future employer.
Are you interested, do you recognize yourself in our purpose and values and do you fit in with the profile? We would like to receive the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- Draft research proposal (optional)
We will be in touch within two weeks to report on your application's progress. Do you still have questions in the meantime? Then switch with Fleur Peters our recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org