GRAD - Contracting Procurement
- Required language
Starting your career in the energy industry has never been this exciting. Join our team at Shell and become a part of uniquely innovative projects, providing unbeatable experience.
Contracting & Procurement çPart of Shell Graduate Programme
Location: Rijswijk / Netherlands
Shell is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Buyer to join the Contracting & Procurement Professionals team. This team is responsible for supporting Shell’s IT Functions, as well as ensuring that Shell constantly delivers commercially innovative and sustainable solutions to both internal and external stakeholders. As a part of the Shell Graduate Programme you will have the chance to work alongside some of the industry’s leading visionaries and work with cutting-edge technologies.
Have a look at this unique opportunity and apply directly
The Job: what will you do?
As a Buyer on the Contracting & Procurement Professionals team you will be responsible for:
- Value: you will be in charge of delivering value by managing the contracts and suppliers. At Shell, we want to ensure the highest possible quality and we do not shy away from seeking a competitive approach towards that standard. You demonstrate this competitiveness through a variety of proof points by applying ‘should cost’ modelling and external benchmarking.
- Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE): you will ensure that the Supply Chain Strategy supports Goal Zero Aspiration. Through implementation of robust Contractor Safety Management practices you will seek alignment to business, personal and process safety Goal Zero focus areas.
- Business Interface: you will collaborate with numerous internal IT stakeholders and business partners in order to fully comprehend the scope of each service. You will continuously look for improvement in all fields involved, working closely with Finance, Tax, Legal, HSSE, E&C departments to ensure functional signoffs are received when required.
- Supplier Interface: you will actively establish and maintain effective and collaborative Supplier Relationship Management.
- CP Interface: you will ensure a strong connection across the wider global CP organisation in order to improve bi-directional sharing and leverage of best practices.
- Process: you will ensure application of the E2E CMCP process, using commercial judgement, common sense and a simplification mind-set. You will actively work towards understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements (Safety, E&C, Code of Conduct, Law) and CP operating practices, while always keeping a clear focus on enterprise business value.
The Role: who are you?
We are looking for a dynamic, growth-minded and performance-oriented new member for the Contracting & Procurement team. Do you recognize yourself in the following characteristics and qualifications? This might be the job for you!
- Ambitious, authentic and focused on personal and professional growth
- A strong communicator and highly skilled at building effective working relationships with both business partners, customers and colleagues
- Commercially inclined, always looking for ways to deliver value from contracts and deals
- University-level educated (no specific education demanded) and determined to continue learning and evolving your skill set
The company: what do we offer?
Working at Shell gives you an opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking projects and working alongside (and learning from) highly skilled and experienced professionals. This entry-level position offers an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to gain traction in one of the most innovative industries in the world. If you are interested in this position, you will become a part of the Shell Graduate Programme.
The Shell Graduate Programme: a world of opportunities!
As a graduate accepted into the Shell Graduate Programme you can expect an industry-leading two to three-year learning programme, offering real responsibilities, challenges and continued professional development.
It’s a great introduction to the exciting world of Energy and Innovation and a chance for you to gain insights into some of Shell’s most pioneering projects and operations. As part of Shell’s global network of professionals, you'll have the chance to work alongside some of the industry’s leading visionaries and work with cutting-edge technologies.
- Leadership development – you will have the opportunity to progress globally while developing and diversifying your role to meet your full potential
- Support – you’ll have a strong support network to help you succeed. Supervisors, coaches, mentors and professional experts will help you monitor and track your progress. You’ll be encouraged to take an innovative approach, while developing your skills and technical capabilities.
- Social and Young Professional Events – Shell organises many professional events and there are also lots of social events, sports, etc.
Helping you prepare
We want you to be at your best when completing these assessments, so here are some top tips and some additional background information that may help you. Ace your application prep by reviewing our application tips
Information on our global selection criteria (Capacity, Achievements and Relationships) and our graduate selection process can be found on: https://www.shell.com/careers/students-and-graduates.html
Ready to apply?
As one of the most innovative companies in the world, we offer the chance to join our real estate teams taking this journey of discovery, pushing boundaries and exploring frontiers as we go.
If you are interested in this role, then apply now by clicking on 'Apply' asap!