The International Business Trip is an organized trip in one of Europe’s most prominent cities from an economical, cultural and technological point of view. This year’s trip will be from the 12th to the 18th of March. The first two days will be in the Netherlands, while the remaining five will be in a city that will be announced later. During the trip we will visit companies, explore the city, and share a beer with each other.
This year’s committee is firmly committed to organizing an amazing business trip to enlarge visions, expand horizons and provide participants with an amazing experience.
The Committee is an heterogeneous group of Master Students, made of both Dutch and international students. The different educational backgrounds also provide different fields of interest, expertise, ideas and skills. They are here presented with their function in the committee:
- President: Joep Van Der Weijden, COSEM: he is our dutch playboy, always planning and organizing something and pushing the group together.
- Thesaurier: Meyke Nering Bögel, EPA: a friendly dutch girl always up for a beer with the group, always provides for the team.
- Secretaris: Roberto Canale, MOT: the italian chef of the group, always providing good food for the group.
- Commissioner for Companies: Martijn Kemper, MOT: he is the rebel of the group, never remembers when’s the next meeting and often arrives late, but we know he doesn’t do it on purpose.
- Commissioner for Logistics: Ine Bjørkmann Rasmussen, COSEM: also known as the valkyrie of the group, she is an always-prepared and norwegian student.
- Curius Board Member: Isabelle Van Schilt, EPA:last but not least, our Curius spy, she is our liaison with the higher-ups but is sometimes betrayed by her hangovers.
The committee easily got together and has already started planning the trip. The output flow has been consistent so far and plans on keeping up with good work for the foreseeable future. The weekly meeting have been so far successful, with each of the members completing their individual tasks. The mutual understanding and discussion on various topics is providing the groups with different, reasoned and doable proposals. This attitude will be the key to avoid groupthink and group polarization effects.
The destination have been unanimously set, and everybody is excited to organize a great business trip. The choice of the destination has been done according to the following criteria, from the most important to the least:
Location general attractiveness
Despite the different background and different knowledge, the good sharing of knowledge and cooperation between members already looks productive, since members are learning from each other aswell.
The choice of the companies to visit will be done according to the following criteria:
Company business field
Company attractiveness for students
Since both the committee and the participants have different interest, the types of companies to visit will be varied but nonetheless, interesting, meaningful and impactful as a personal experience.
The goals of the trip are already clear and the committee is firmly convinced in their ability to achieve them, for both our sake and the participants’. The business trip must be exciting, both to see how some companies work, but to discover a new city and a different lifestyle. We expect to organize an enriching and worth-remembering trip, that will leave something to the participants and help them in their future careers.